More About Me

My photo
All the products I review are products I have tested and tried myself. I merely give my personal opinion and, although I try to be neutral and impartial, I do not claim to be an expert in any of the matters and products I review. For any questions, requests or to supply a product for reviewing please email me at rachel_wiccan@hotmail.com

Sunday, June 19, 2011

ELF Product Review I

Hello Everybody,
I just couldn't wait to start my reviews so let's get to it. I give products a 10 start rating.
Today I will be reviewing the following ELF products:
-Brush Shampoo
-Mineral Booster
-Nail Polish (Glitter Glam)


Brush Shampoo
You can find it here.

"An anti-bacterial brush cleanser for thorough cleaning in-between makeup applications. Disinfects brushes to provide a fresh and clean application every time. Washes away traces of dirt, makeup, oil and debris from your brush while conditioning the hair to provide a clean and soft application for every use."
ELF UK website



Before I bought this I used a method that oil painters tend to use to clean their brushes- I mixed dishwasher and virgin olive oil. This cleaned my brushes and conditioned the bristles but it also took a while to dry, was messy and a wrong measure would result in greasy brushes, plus I use my brushes a lot so I needed to find something that would spare them and clean them well.
ELF brush shampoo proved to be a blessing.
Pros: Very foamy, nice packaging, cleans brushes very well while keeping them perfectly conditioned, doesn't require too much product to do a great job, it also doesn’t take long to dry and leave the brushes as good as new.
Cons: Given the Studio Line price I expected a bigger quantity or product, it would be much more beneficial, the nozzle could also be tweaked for better use but that is merely personal preference.

I would very much recommend this product and I will buying it again. 9 Stars.


 

Mineral Booster
You can find it here.

"Achieve the ultimate, translucent "photo finishing touch" to your makeup, our Mineral Booster melts into your skin, infusing it with key vitamins A, B and E to promote healthier skin that’s noticeably silkier and smoother. Completely sheer and ideal for all skin tones, Mineral Booster gently absorbs oil and minimizes the appearance of wrinkles, fine lines and pores for a beautiful even finish. Wear alone or buff over our Mineral Concealer and Foundation to lend extra staying power and to achieve a professional and stunning porcelain matte look that will last all day."
ELF UK website

I had been using an old Martinique loose powder my mother got in South Africa and I truly LOVED it but since it's a brand I can't find here I've been looking for a substitute and this little product caught my attention.
It doesn't quite achieve the 'photo finish touch' and may get cakey with heavy cream foundations or concealers but in general it is a brilliant product. It did make my skin visibly smoother and healthier, it does literally melt into the skin, it may be a little dry for people with dry skin but it works wonders in any other skin type specially oily and combination skin (such as my own), it's also a great setting powder that visibly improved my complexion over time
.
Pros: Makes skin smoother, healthier and silky, absorbs oil wonderfully, great setting powder, great product intake for its price, 100% natural chemical-free mineral powder, minimizes pores, lasts a  long time.
Cons: Not exactly photo finish, clashes a bit with thick skin products but proper blending helps, it could be powdered into a finer dust for better results.

I recommend this product and I will buy it again but it's still not what I consider perfect. 8 Stars.



Nail Polish -Glitter Glam
Number 5 here.

"This color-lock formula with chip resistant shield gives long lasting nail color with high shine. The aerodynamic bristle design glides color on flawlessly, while the quick dry formula gives perfect application every time. Key nutrients give nails that natural shine, infused with Vitamin E for stronger, healthier nails.
Our formula is FREE of: Toluene, Formaldehyde, and Dibutyl Phthalate (DBP).
"

ELF UK website



This was exactly what I was looking for. I wanted a metallic silver glitter nail polish with full coverage and that wouldn't chip easily and this worked well. It requires two coats for a full metal coverage but that's no problem because it dries fast plus if you want low glitter coverage to match up with other nail polish colors then one coat works great.
Pros: Good coverage, fast drying, bright color, lasts long, chip resistant, doesn't dry the nails out or damage them too much.
Cons: Tends to dry out a bit in hot weather getting a bit too thick and sticky so it should be stored in cool areas.

I recommend it and will buy it again. 9 Stars.


That's all for now. I'll review many more ELF products soon.
Stay tuned.
Yours truly,
Raven

No comments:

Post a Comment