More About Me

My photo
All the products I review are products I have tested and tried myself. I merely give my personal opinion and, although I try to be neutral and impartial, I do not claim to be an expert in any of the matters and products I review. For any questions, requests or to supply a product for reviewing please email me at rachel_wiccan@hotmail.com

Saturday, April 09, 2011

ELF Review

Hello Everybody,
First off, I’d like to state that I am in no way a professional beautician and I do not have any make up or cosmetics related degree, I am only a makeup artist due to my own skill, training, research and my mother's teachings. My mother, however, is a professional beautician and ever since I was a child she taught me a lot about physical beauty, teachings that I expanded and applied on my own, so I am writing this review as a common consumer as well as an experienced makeup artist but never as a professional.

Now, onto the review.
For starters, let me tell you a little bit about this brand and how I got to know it.


Eyes Lips Face cosmetics (aka ELF cosmetics) was founded by Joseph Shamah and Scott Vincent Borba in 2004. It's based in New York City but has branched out to 17 countries so far.
They have a 100% cruelty free policy, so none of their products are animal tested and they support PETA's no fur campaign.
ELF has a very interesting philosophy, that I personally find very appealing. This brand is very high quality but very low priced as well- most products are in the 1$ (1£ / 1,70€) estimate with the others all being around 3$ (3.5£ / 4€) or 5$ (6£ / 6.80€), and all the products above 1$ / 1£ / 1€ are either mineral (100% non chemical) products or the Studio Line products for professional users and makeup artists.
ELF also sponsors charity campaigns such as, for example, PETA's no fur campaign and fund raisings for the research against breast cancer.

I found ELF by accident, I was browsing online makeup stores when someone suggested www.eyeslipsface.com so I checked it out and liked what I saw but I was highly disappointed when I saw they did not ship to my country (Portugal) so I did a little digging and found www.eyeslipsface.co.uk which does ship my way even though they lack some of the American site's products (but are picking up on them little by little).
I was impressed by the price so I placed my first order and to my surprise it only took three days to arrive even though it's an international package.
Once I got the products in my hands I started testing them out. At first some products disappointed me a bit, given that some weren't the exact color I expected and others seemed a bit hard (I would like to state they are not hard, but it was 4ºC outside at the time so I forgot to take the temperature of the air in account), but as I tested them more thoroughly the brand proved to be even better than many popular and pricy name brands I have tried before, so frankly I was very impressed and ELF became my favorite brand which it still is so far.

I recommend ELF not only for its low prices and very fast shipping but also for its high quality and brilliant customer service, the ELF discount codes are also pretty nice though (xD).
I will be reviewing all my ELF products soon so stay tuned.

If anyone has any questions about this brand or if you wish to request any advice choosing a product or if you want to request a review feel free to contact me.

That's it for now folks.
Yours truly,
Raven

No comments:

Post a Comment