More About Me

My photo
All the products I review are products I have tested and tried myself. I merely give my personal opinion and, although I try to be neutral and impartial, I do not claim to be an expert in any of the matters and products I review. For any questions, requests or to supply a product for reviewing please email me at rachel_wiccan@hotmail.com

Friday, February 24, 2012

elf' Super Glossy Lip Shine Review

Hi everyone!
Finally here's a new review. Today I'm going to talk about elf's Super Glossy Lip Shine SPF 15.

"This Super Glossy SPF 15 formula fights environmental damage while leaving your lips with a healthy glossy glow. The delicious flavour and sweet scent will leave you licking your lips in delight! The perfect on the go tube that is mess proof for anywhere and anytime!
'Angel' # 2801 is our only shade that doesn't contain SPF15 but is packed with gorgeous glittery bits instead."
elf website

You can find this product HERE (UK) and HERE (US). It costs 1$/1,50£/1.70€.

I will review the following colours:
-Angel
-Mauve Luxe
-Iced Latte
-Goddess
-Pink Kiss

General Review:
I really truly enjoy this product. In fact, I  wasn't the only one! I had to buy the Mauve Luxe SGLS 3 times because my mother took my first one and then my friend took the second one!
This particular gloss is exactly the type I like- it is thick but not heavy or sticky and intense but not feathery and messy, plus they are very hydrating and do effectively protect from UV rays. The colours can be either extremely pigmented or simply very glossy and shiny without much colour, they mix well with other products such as lipstick and last a long time...unless you constantly lick your lips like I do because the flavour of this gloss is just too delicious!
These glosses have a vanilla-grape scent and flavour that is absolutely heavenly and makes me want to taste and smell it constantly, I almost wish there was a matching perfume for it (lol).
As for the colours, allow me to review them with the swatches.

Here are some photos, because everyone loves swatches. xD
LtoR- Pink Kiss, Mauve Luxe, Iced Latte, Goddess, Angel

LtoR-Angel, Goddess, Iced Latte, Mauve Luxe, Pink Kiss

LtoR-Angel, Goddess, Iced Latte, Mauve Luxe, Pink Kiss
I added two swatches from different angles so you can see both the colour and the glittery effect.
Here are swatches wearing the actual products, but first a bare lips photo for comparison (oh and ignore how dry and hurt my lips are, I ran out of balm)

Bare Lips
Angel

The photo swatches just don't do justice to this beautiful gloss!  Angel may be the only shade that does not have spf15 but it is a perfectly colourless gloss but packed with intense glittery shimmer. It's perfect to wear over lipstick to brighten up whatever dull old colour you might have lying around or you can simply use it nude for a beautiful (but not overpowering) glow.

Goddess
This is another colour that the photo just can't do justice too. Goddess is a beautiful peachy pink with a very neutral glittery glow. It's the perfect summer gloss in my opinion and absolutely gorgeous, it's also perfect for the younger crowd, which is why I gave several of these to my cousins and my little sister.

Iced Latte
This is one of my personal favs and one of the 2 darkest shades I own, however it does not look as overpowering as it does in the photo because the shimmer tones down the colour somehow. It's a nice cappuccino brown colour with a golden glow. Like Mauve Luxe it is almost opaque and therefor doesn't blend as well with other colours but still looks gorgeous if you layer it thinly. I love it.

Mauve Luxe
This one seems to be the favourite among the people I know for some reason, my mom in particular adores it. It actually looks a little darker in real life, it is a warm mauve/grape colour with a pretty golden shimmer and very glossy. Like Iced Latte it is almost opaque and therefor doesn't blend as well with other colours but still looks gorgeous over hot colours. Very classy colour.

Pink Kiss
This is the lightest pink shade of the SGLS collection. It's a pretty baby pink with an almost frosted shimmer on it, but even though it's quite shimmery, it is still subtle and discreet. It's the perfect day-to-day pink and works well for any occasion, be it going out with the girls, day-to-day errands or even for work.


So, all in all I love this elf product. A lot of people don't like very thick lip glosses like these but I love them specially because they are not heavy or sticky at all and the fact that they are thick helps them stay put and not feather (which is something I hate with watery glosses). I definitely will keep using these forever!
I give them a 9 out of 10 rating, simply because they need more colour variety, elf already as an extensive selection of Super Glossy Lip shines but they are so good that a wider colour range would be wonderful.

That's all for now.
Have a beautiful day!
Rav

No comments:

Post a Comment