More About Me

My photo
All the products I review are products I have tested and tried myself. I merely give my personal opinion and, although I try to be neutral and impartial, I do not claim to be an expert in any of the matters and products I review. For any questions, requests or to supply a product for reviewing please email me at rachel_wiccan@hotmail.com

Saturday, September 10, 2011

Tattoo Shop Review

Hello everyone!
I realize I've been neglecting my blog a bit too much lately, but I have a good reason- I've been on vacation AND I've been dealing with a lot of bad news, so please don't shoot me :P

Anyway today's review is angled to anyone in Portugal, whether if you live there or are just passing through on vacation (which everyone should at least once!).
I will be reviewing AR Tattoo Shop.


ARTS is located in Tavira, a lovely southern beach town in Portugal with a lot of tourist potential in sooo many ways. If you are ever around southern Europe, remember to drop by ;)
This store is run by it's only tattooist, a brilliant young artist named Anita Rodrigues.
Now, Anita is an old friend of mine but I hadn't seen her in years and when it comes to art and to something as serious and permanent as a tattoo, I don't take things lightly and (as most my aquaintances can testify) I am quite impartial even when my friends are concerned so I admit writting this review was a hard decision.
But, let's get on with the actual review.

Let me start by telling you that I am EXTREMELLY phobic of needles due to a childhood trauma, and the thought of being permenantly marked is scary but I love art and beauty and I have always been a rebelious soul so getting a tattoo has been something I always wanted despite my fears.
I started off by getting to know the store- ARTS is a humble little store but is kept impecably clean and organized and samples of that artist's actual work can be found everywhere.
I was impressed with the higene and warm-heartedness I found in the store and so were all the other customers I spoke to. Some had changed alliagence from other stores after getting tattoed at ARTS and other where so impressed after getting their first tattoos there that they kept coming back, and in my book customer loyalty is always an excelent sign.
I was also impressed by the fact that the artist does mostly original designs while always respecting the wishes and tastes of the customers and she is infinitly patient even with the most picky clients.
I have also witnessed this artist working and everything from higiene to preparation is up to code and she is tremendouly good with people, always with a friendly smile and carefully working putting all her focus and efforts in getting perfect tattoos while at the same time keeping the clients calm, relaxed and comfortable, always having their pain and comfort in consideration, plus unlike many tattooists she is always willing to answer questions and always explains the rules and gives tips to her clients.
The pricing of the store is also very fair and considerably cheap by European standarts and the design work is fast and very efficient.

As per my personal experience, I am highly impressed by the artist's patience and skill in designing the tattoos I wanted. Truth is I had been told more than once that the designs I wanted were impossible in the detail and size I wanted them but working together with this artist we managed to work it out.
Also, I had my two tattoos done is very sensitive places (my wrists) due to personal significance and despite my fear of needles the experience was interesting and exhilirating to me rather than terrifying and excruciating all thanks to the talent and care of the artist.
I was also given tattoo care ointment like every other customer.
Here are photos of my tattoos:


Pros:
Higene, kindness, comfort, efficiency, artistry, price, easy booking, information, good pain management, artist parience, colouring, quality, free tattoo touch-ups, etc.

Cons:
Other than the small store in need for expansion, I saw no other flaws.

All in all I give the place 9 stars out of 10.

For more photos of this shop's work and other info (location, contacts, etc), check out ARTS's Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/pages/ARTattoo-Shop/193996447300856?ref=ts

And remember- a tattoo is forever.
So be absolutly sure before you get one and always double check the design for mistakes.
Also, before getting a tattoo always double check the store's higene policies, quality of the material, customer service, prices, quality of art, client satisfaction record and whether or not you are confortable with the tattoo artist.

That's all for now.
Lot's of artsy love,
Rav


ps-I was not paid for this review, neither was it requested. It is merely my personal opinion.

1 comment:

  1. I like all the tattoos, which you designed. A tattoo artist should love to draw and have the passion in being an artist. The tattoo artist should offer the customers with original designs.

    ReplyDelete