More About Me

My photo
All the products I review are products I have tested and tried myself. I merely give my personal opinion and, although I try to be neutral and impartial, I do not claim to be an expert in any of the matters and products I review. For any questions, requests or to supply a product for reviewing please email me at rachel_wiccan@hotmail.com

Thursday, August 18, 2011

ELF Review IV

Hello readers!
Ready for a new elf review? I know I am ^^
Today I will be reviewing these two elf products- elf Liquid Eyeliner in "Silver" and elf Matte Finisher Nail Polish.
So let's start, and remember I'll use my usual 10 star review.


elf Liquid Eyeliner in "Silver"
You can find it here.
"No more tugging or pulling on your eyelids with this easy glide liquid eyeliner. The smudge-proof liner is rich in color, creating a long lasting defined look. The fine tip brush creates easy and precise definition for natural or dramatic effects." 
From elf Website

I must say I'm not one for liquid eyeliner, I prefer pens, gels and pencils but from time to time a liquid eyeliner is refreshing. So what to say about this little product? I don't like.
I'm not saying it's horrible but it just doesn't work for me, I truly dislike this. However it does have a few pros. Here's a swatch for you.

elf Liquid Eyeliner in "Silver"


The pros:
-Vibrant colour; light; no need for powders to set it; pretty, reflective, shiny and sparkly.
The cons:
-Dries too fast during application; it's streaky and it's flaky.

So basically I wouldn't use it for eyeliner or for large effect applications, but if you just want it for small delicate efects without super high definition then sure go ahead, I found no need to set this with powder and to avoid immediate drying and allow you a little more time for application I advise you keep it in a cool space (also, applying it in the heat of summer might not work very well either).
All in all 4 stars out of 10.


elf Matte Finisher Nail Polish
You can find it here.
"Instantly transform your shiny polish to matte with this translucent top coat. This colour-lock formula with chip resistant shield gives long lasting nail colour. The aerodynamic bristle design glides colour on flawlessly, while the quick dry formula gives perfect application every time. Infused with Vitamin E for stronger, healthier nails.

Our formula is FREE of: Toluene, Formaldehyde, and Dibutyl Phthalate (DBP)."
From elf Website

I LOVE this product! It's sooooo cool! It really does mattify any nail polish and works as a pretty good top coat, however it needs to be used sparingly or it will end up very thick on your nails which can later make your polish peel off rather than chip ^^'
But rather than letting you take my word for it, let me show you instead with pictures, I'll start by showing you a normal mani and then the same one with the mattifier.


Normal manicure with elf and Barry M Polishes.
This one has the mattifier as a top coat.

And here are the two side by side.
The pros:
-Dries quickly; really does mattify any polish as promised; works well as a topcoat.
The cons:
-Must be applied in very thin layers or it will turn the nail polish into a thick and plastic like layer.

All in all it is great but still has a little room for improvement. I give it 9 stars out of 10.


That's all for this little review, I hope you enjoyed it. If you have any questions go ahead and ask.
Love,
Raven

No comments:

Post a Comment